Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Alright, bring it on, come on!"

Steve Mazzagati is a professional referee of the most famous Mixed Martial Arts league named Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He's been in this discipline for many years, but unfortunately, he was named the worst referee in UFC history by UFC president himself, Mr. Dana White, together with the fans of the said league. Nonetheless, he became an influential guy to me because of his signature lines "Are you ready? (*pointing the fighter in the blue corner*) You sir, are you ready? (referring to the other fighter) Alright, bring it on! Come on!" As a huge fan of this sport, I have watched many bouts, and I have also watched some fights mediated by him, and he's always saying these lines before the fight starts.

// Mazzagati's "bring it on, come on!" face.. HAHAHAHA!


As I was thinking about starting my blog, I can't get this line out of my head (*what an LLS [last LINE syndrome]*). LOL! Actually, I really, really want to start a blog several months ago because of my problems about my best bud, sorta disappointments regarding my Senior Project, petty quarrels, and so on. But everytime I try, I really don't know what to say. *facepalm!* Some of my friends who are into blogging keep on telling me "come on man, just say something, anything. It's alright, man. You'll enjoy it eventually!" Also, I really don't know how to make the interface as inviting as possible. But now, let me just take it slow, so slow. (*insert the next lyrics here* - So Slow by Freestyle) :D

// EVERYBODY, please spell L-E-A-R-N-I-N-G! :)

"Bloggers" may have several reasons why they write blogs - a sort of leisure, to meet many friends across the globe, to share various experiences, to promote something, and so on and so forth. I think this is also a way of exercising a person's vocabulary and his/her skill in constructing sentences and avoiding grammatic errors. Since I am not an English/American native, (*btw, proud to be Pinoy. jyeah! \m/), I think this is a "tool" in order for me to exercise my English skills since I am not that fluent in speaking this language, and also my writing skills (*OMG, did I say writing? Or should I say, typing? LOL*). In addition, with respect to reading, I believe this is not just about spending your spare time here because you don't have anything to do, but this is also a tool for learning. We get several learnings when we read books, PDF tutorials, the Holy Bible, fantasy/fictional stories, real-life experiences, and so on, but in reading blogs, we can obtain different learnings from other people. We can also find realizations in life because of a "blogger's" shared experiences.

// very good, fellas! you've spelled LEARNING correctly! :D Now, let's define RELAXED....
      relaxed - a state experienced by a student in his/her senior year

     

*eeeeennnnggggggkkkkkkkk!!!!! FAIL!!!*

Stereotypically, many say that when a student reach his/her final year in college, that person is known to be a "relaxed" person. It is because that person is already on the top of the hill, at the verge of victory. His/her peers already concluded, saying "hey, you're graduating on March, congratulations! you're so good, job well done! Good for you, you're year is now a relaxed one. So come on man, let's drink, let's party!" But, I am telling all of you now that this is not always the case. Left and right projects, outreach program on Saturday, the legacy system that we will implement for our school department, major exams, completion and compilation of documents, Senior Project refactoring and documentation, AND SO ON! Damn, is this what you call a relaxed year? HAHAHA!! Anyways, just keep the fire burnin' and positivity flowin'. Well, after all of such sacrifices and sleepless nights, *taaddaaaaaann!*, magic. EVERY HARD WORK PAYS OFF! \w/

Luckily, my heaviest requirement in our course comes to a "little bit" close. It's not yet done, but hopefully I will be able to come up with a hundred percent finished Senior Project in mid February. Essentially, after implementing the objectives and functionalities of my SP, I've got a bit of additional spare time. This is a blessing because I can have much more time for myself, chatting and jamming with my friends and colleagues, hanging out with my special someone, watching the current NBA season and latest events in the UFC, playing computer games like DotA and NBA 2K12, and also for studying other subjects I am taking up in this semester. This is also a chance for me to get back in shape, I mean to enroll in a gym/workout class again (*come on Mr. Skinny, BUCKLE UP!!!*) , and most importantly, this is an opportunity for me to study different lessons in Android development (Java), IOS development (Objective C), and Web development (PHP, AJAX, JQUERY, etc.). Ooops, there's one thing left, I've realized that this spare time could also be spent with my new found environment - BLOG! :D

// shout outs to Neithan (http://www.chordsandcode.blogspot.com), and Nikko (http://www.kreamy1991.blogspot.com)  for the encouragement.. hahaha! God bless, Bros! jyeah! :D

ADIOS! :D *peace*


6 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogger world raph! Ini ang mundo na maeexpress mo talaga sadiri mo. agree din ako makakanood ka tlga digdi mag english, mag express thoughts mo, magsurat and magbasa haha

    dikit dikit lang then mapapabuhay mong maray ang blog mo... :) just have fun! this is your space hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. salamat ate sid! eu ngni, since pasiring naman "daa" kita sa professional world, kaipuhan ng maray ning pakaray na communication skills.. hehe.. eu tama, free space ta tlga ni, so free kita magsabi kang gabos na gusto ta.. nhlng ko ngni sa blog mo etong garo "haters are free to go".. haha! \m/

      Delete
  2. Raph!!!.,XD =] I finally read your first post., ^^ Thanks sa shoutout padeh., and i-LiLink ta ka naman duman sa blog ko., hilingun mo na lang.,nasa may parteng baba.,.,

    nakakangirit ta since bisto ta ka., i read the lines in pink using your voice.,.haha.,XDXD Ayos padeh ang writing style mo ^^., garo kay bubz -> http://bubzbeauty.com/diary/235-painting-with-passion-again.html

    As in kang binabasa ko nahihiling kong marai ang similarity sa writing style nindo., dawa si use kang hahaha.,tas LOL.,XD

    Goodluck sa pagblog raph., tama si ate cid.,free space mo ni.,, garo karakwarto mo sa internet.,XDXD =]have fun padeh., =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. damn! hnep yan, halos parehas talaga ay.. hahaha! sisay yan than? hnep yan.. amazing! haha.. hnep yan.. LOL!

      salamat padi sa warm welcome nndo.. hehe.. eu padi, maupdate akong blogs lalo pag mayo akong gibo..

      P.S. salamat than ki ate sid ta nasabihan nya ako kaya tgtxt taka para maenjoy nndo si bday ni rizza.. jyeah! :D

      Delete
  3. haha nice one raph.. welcome to the blogging world. thanks for the "citation" or i say shout outs. haha hope to read more interesting stories in your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! salamat nikks! eu, barasahan lang kitang mga blogs ta lalo pag mayong gibo..

      happy chinese new year saindo padi! sa aga sana makajamming ako saindo.. miss ko na ang tikoy.. haha!

      Delete